Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hello and Welcome

I thought that I would send this blog off with a start by saying hello, introducing who I am, and what this blog is for and about!
So, Here we go!
Hello, I am Jason L. Mair. I am currently the Junior Steward of Canyon Lodge #13 in Midvale, Utah. I was initiated on May 8th, 2007, Passed on September 18, 2007, and Raised to the Sublime Degree on October 16th, 2007. Since becoming a Mason I have met men I look up to who I would not have any other way. I have made friends, regardless of race, color, or creed. Masonry is one of the many things that have changed my life for the better, but I am jumping ahead!! I am also a member of El Kalah Temple, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, or Shrine for short. I am a member of the Klunkers Unit, you know, the mini-cars, we have a hoot.
I was born and raised in Midway, Utah and have spent my entire life, except for the last few years, in that small town. Yes, I am a small town gentleman! At the age of 19 I left Midway to travel to Orland Florida, where I served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is true what they say, they are the best two! After coming home, I married (2/3/07) miss Margaret Jacobus and we have been happily :) married for the past year and a half. We currently live in Salt Lake City while we are going to school, we are currently attending at Salt Lake Community College. We are both majoring in Elementary Education, Margaret wants to teach 2nd grade, especially children who are deaf, and I want to teach 5th grade. I currently work at a school for children with autism and it is a blast, sometimes they don't pay me enough though;) and somedays I would do it for free, but don't tell my supervisor! I enjoy all things masonic, reading, writing, heraldry and history-especially Scottish, genealogy, flyfishing/tying, and everything else! Where does the time go?
What is the Sprig of Acacia? This is my blog; my feelings, my journeys, thoughts, studies, and reflections on Freemasonry, Ancient and Acceptable. This blog is not a lodge room and the things said herein will probably, most likely, not be politically correct. If you are offended, I apologize for the fact that you are offended, not for offending you! You can easily close the window! That being said, I hope that we can rise above those things that can easily offend, and have meaningful, open discussions. And it must be said, The opinions expressed herein are my personal opinions and reflections and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Canyon Lodge #13, The Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Utah, El Kalah Temple A.A.O.N.M.S., The Imperial Council A.A.O.N.M.S., or any other organization that I belong to, Masonic or not. And, as is customary, may we Meet on the Level, Act by the Plumb, and Part on the Square!

No comments: